AutoCAD allows you to design and shape the world around you with AutoCAD software. This article guides you in installing the AutoCAD software onto your computer.
Installing Autodesk: AutoCAD
- Go to Autodesk's AutoCAD download page: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad.
- Create a free Autodesk account (click Get Started) or sign in with an existing account.
- After creating an account, you'll see a message stating, "We still need to confirm your eligibility for educational access to Autodesk products." Click Get Started. If you don't see this message, try refreshing the page.
- On the "Check your information below is correct and click Verify" page, make sure the information entered is correct, and click the Verify (or Submit) button. You may see the message, "Something is not quite right. We were unable to verify your eligibility to access Autodesk Education benefits." If so, scroll down and click the Try Again (or Verify Again) button.
On the "Additional Documentation Needed" page, you'll need to upload proof of enrollment. The best way to do this is to provide a screenshot of your Concise Student Schedule, which can be obtained from Eagle Online (Student tab, Registration link). The screenshot should be in jpg, png, pdf, or gif format, and should include your name and the date/semester. Once you have the screenshot, drag it to the "Drag documents here, or browse" field.
Use the following steps to obtain your Concise Student Schedule
- Log into Tech Express (express.tntech.edu)
- Click the Eagle icon under QuickLinks; this will open Eagle Online
- Click the Student tab
- Click Registration
- Click Concise Student Schedule
- After uploading your proof of enrollment, check your campus email account. You should receive a confirmation email from Autodesk verifying your proof of enrollment has been accepted.
- Once you have received the confirmation email, log back into your Autodesk account.
- Download AutoCAD 2020 for Windows 64-bit to match what is installed in the University's labs and offices. For ENGR 1110, download AutoCAD Mechanical.
- Once the download is complete, continue with the installation. Your product key will be visible on the download page after selecting your version and OS. The key will also be sent to the email account you used for account creation/sign-in.