Frequently asked questions about the usage of Tennessee Tech's email system using Microsoft Office 365.
How do I connect my smartphone to my TTU email?
- Log in to your student email account and select Options.
- Select See All Options
- Select the Phone link to the left and then to view the help information go to the Configure the phone to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange link.
Resources for configuring Office365 on:
How do I reset my password if I have forgotten it?
- If you have set up your security questions in the IDme portal, you can reset your own password there.
- If you have not setup your security questions, contact the myTECH Helpdesk.
Can I have my TTU student email forward to another address?
Per Tennessee Tech policy 803 (Email Use), accounts may not be forwarded outside of Tennessee Tech-controlled domains.
How do I print messages and save attachments in TTU student email?
To print an email:
- Double-click on the message to open it.
- Select the Printable View icon
To save an attachment:
- Click on the message to view it in the preview area.
- Click on the filename.
- Select Save File > OK
- Navigate to a location where you wish to save your message(s), such as a flash drive, or the My Documents folder in the PC labs or on your computer.
- Type a filename if necessary.
- Click Save.
What happens when I leave the university?
- If you withdraw from TTU, your email account will be deactivated the next day.
- If you graduate, your account will remain active for ~1 year, after which it will be disabled and the data deleted.
Where can I go for help?
- Start with the online Help in Office365. Select the ? icon in the upper right corner.
- For additional assistance contact the myTECH Helpdesk.