Listed on this page are links to download and purchase software and hardware for personal usage.
All student computers connected to the Tennessee Tech network are REQUIRED to have antivirus software installed. You may choose from the options below, or install Sophos, the University's anti-virus of choice.
Free Anti-Virus Software
There are many vendors who provide discounts to students on major software products. The list below is NOT comprehensive, but rather a few links to help you get started.
To visit the online store and view your options, please start at our Campus Agreement Purchasing Program page.
** = Student-Only Offers
- LabView Express (Lab test, measurement, and automation software) **
- Maple (Mathematical software) **
- Mathcad (Numerical and symbolic computations) **
- Matlab - (Mathematical and engineering computations) **
- Minitab (Statistical software) **
- Microsoft Office
- On The Hub (formerly known as E-Academy) which includes discounts on products such as Minitab, SPSS, EndNote, LabView and more.
- GNU Octave (Freely distributed open source software for numerical computations)
- Libre Office (Free open source product)
- PDFCreator (Free open source product)
- Creo (formerly Pro-Engineer) (Free for students) **
- LtSpice, WinSpice (Electrical Circuit Design) **
- Scilab (Open-source Matlab workalike)
- SPSS (Statistical software) **
- Visual Fortran (Free PGI offer for students and faculty)