SolidWorks is a solid modeling computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering computer program that runs on Microsoft Windows. This article guides you in installing SOLIDWORKS Student Design Kit (SDK).
Access SOLIDWORKS Student Design Kit (SDK)
- Go to www.solidworks.com/sdk
- You'll be presented with a form:
- When asked if you already have a serial number that starts with 9020, select No.
- Enter the SDK-ID in the textbox: 9SDK2019.
- Choose version 2019-2020.
- Enter your student email address.
- Select Student from the dropdown list.
- Click Request Download.
- You'll be presented with Terms & Conditions with an option to accept or decline. Accept to continue.
On the following webpage, you are presented with your Student Standard Serial Number:
This page also includes the installer file for download and other pertinent instructions.
This is a very large download of up to 8 GB: a broadband internet connection is required.
Before proceeding with the download and installation...
Please back up any SOLIDWORKS data you may have generated from any prior use of other versions of SOLIDWORKS on your machine, then uninstall any prior versions of SOLIDWORKS before proceeding.
Please note: after you download and install the SOLIDWORKS Community Access product on your computer, older versions of SOLIDWORKS will no longer operate.
Make certain you have at least 20 GB of available disk space to download, install, and begin using the product
Please note, your download will fail if there is not enough disk space for this operation. Files are copied to a temporary directory location during download. Check your browser settings for the temporary directory location, and ensure there is sufficient disk space available
- After clicking the link, you will be asked to download the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (about 20 MB).
- Please run the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager, which will guide you through the complete download and installation process.
- When the download is complete, click UNZIP, then follow the installation instructions.