Information about password vaults and our recommendations for students, faculty, and staff.
Password managers are being used & recommended now more than ever due to the number of accounts each person has. While the Office of Information Security cannot endorse any one program for use, we can provide guidance towards your selection. An acceptable password vault would contain the following features:
- Must encrypt passwords
- Encryption level AES-256 or higher
- Master password for application
- Multi-factor authentication (or biometric support)
- Backup availability
- Password generator & strength meter
- Multi-platform support (web, macOS, PC, mobile)
For questions, concerns, or comments about our recommendations, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (931) 372-3913 or (931) 372-6859.