SolidWorks is a solid modeling computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering computer program that runs on Microsoft Windows. This article guides you in installing SOLIDWORKS Student Engineering Kit (SEK).
Access SOLIDWORKS Student Engineering Kit (SEK)
- Go to www.solidworks.com/sek
- You'll be presented with a form:
- When asked if you already have a serial number that starts with 9020, select Yes.
- Choose version 2019-2020.
- Enter your student email address.
- Select Student from the dropdown list.
- Click Request Download.
- You'll be presented with Terms & Conditions with an option to accept or decline. Accept to continue.
On the following webpage, you are presented with the installer file for download and other pertinent instructions.
This is a very large download of up to 8 GB: a broadband internet connection is required.
Before proceeding with the download and installation...
Please back up any SOLIDWORKS data you may have generated from any prior use of other versions of SOLIDWORKS on your machine, then uninstall any prior versions of SOLIDWORKS before proceeding.
Please note: after you download and install the SOLIDWORKS Community Access product on your computer, older versions of SOLIDWORKS will no longer operate.
Make certain you have at least 20 GB of available disk space to download, install, and begin using the product
Please note, your download will fail if there is not enough disk space for this operation. Files are copied to a temporary directory location during download. Check your browser settings for the temporary directory location, and ensure there is sufficient disk space available
- After clicking the link, you will be asked to download the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (about 20 MB).
- Please run the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager, which will guide you through the complete download and installation process.
- When the download is complete, open the file (SolidWorksSetup.exe). You will be prompted to unzip the contents.
- The SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager will launch. You will be asked to specify the installation type. Select Individual and click Next.
You are now prompted to enter the serial number. Enter the serial number (copy & paste does work) and click Next.
Your professor should have provided this to you. If this is not the case, please contact the myTECH Service Desk.
- The SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager will inform you that it's connecting to SOLIDWORKS servers...
Once connected, you'll be shown all of the modules being downloaded for installation. If you wish to edit these, make your selections. Otherwise, keep the defaults. Accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Download and Install.
Download Time: 40+ Minutes
The download time is 40+ minutes. There is an additional time required for installation after the download completes.
- Once the download and installation processes have finished, click Finish.